Data Assistant/ Certified Medical Assistant
Position Description: Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, the Data Assistant will be responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes safety and well being of our patients. Primary duties include reviewing medical faxes for information and uploading to the electronic health record, communicate with pharmacies regarding medications, refills etc, medication reconciliation, prior authorizations, scheduling patients for next appointments and greeting patients when needed.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities
- Assist provider and other clinical staff with obtaining basic vital information as needed.
- Demonstrates competence in the clinical skills necessary to carry out assigned job duties.
- Schedule appointments for patients as requested by the provider.
- Complete appropriate forms or requisitions needed for referrals or lab testing, including appropriate CPT/ICD-9 coding.
- Responsible for tracking system for follow-up appointments related to office visits, laboratory tests and procedures to regularly follow patients monitoring disease status.
- Provide appropriate and timely documentation in the patient’s electronic health record using standardized workflows and processes.
- Send/Receive faxes for medical and mental health information
- Follow ups on pharmacy calls, faxes
- Uploading documentation into EHR
- Run reports from PMP (prescription monitoring plan)
- Processes medication requests/changes/refills per established written protocols. This includes having knowledge of medications, including basic dosages, side effects and interactions.
- Prints after visit summary and completes discharge of patient from exam room. This may include scheduling a follow-up appointment, providing referral information or scheduling patients for testing procedures and providing instructions.
- Other Duties assigned by Nurse Manager
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge
- Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
- Maintain compliance and behave in a manner consistent with all policies and procedures, including but not limited to Compliance, HIPAA and personnel workplace rules.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
- Perform other duties as requested by Nurse Manager to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office
- General knowledge and understanding of anatomy, the diagnosis process, pharmacology (drug classifications, side effects, interactions) physiology, lab values, sterilization techniques and safe administration of medications.
- Basic computer knowledge and navigation of an E.H.R.
· CMA or LPN
- Computer data entry experience.
- Previous clinical experience in a medical office preferred.
This is a Full-time position with very competitive salary and benefits. ELEVATE CCBHC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for all employment, free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preferences, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
in Waterloo, United States