Position: Care Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non exempt, hourly
Supervision: Integrated Health Director
Business Hours: Monday -Thursday 8a-7pm, Friday 8 am to 5pm
Schedule: 40 hours per week. Will discuss further in interview, flexibility
Office Location: Elevate CCBHC Clinic; Waterloo, IA
Position Description: The Care Coordinator performs general functions as a liaison between medical care and behavior health services for Elevate CCBHC patients. The Care Coordinator is responsible for ensuring appropriate delivery of services and coordinating care within health network and with external entities collaborating on patient care. The Care Coordinator provides excellent quality care, positive customer service, the maintenance of an efficient and safe environment of care. Demonstrates superior customer service skills and can function in a multi-tasking, multiple priorities environment, while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail. The Care Coordinator is responsible for engagement of new clinic patients in the initial intake appointment. This position will collect all necessary information that is relevant for a social history and the intake assessment related to mental health, medical needs and/or substance use disorders. They will administer the assessments during the initial appointment and then assign them to the appropriate clinician based on needs.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities
• Prepare intake packets, complete intake assessments, and follow up documentation
• Conduct mental health and substance use disorder assessments
• Conduct National Outcome Measure Surveys and enter into SPARS data base
• Asses for service needs and refer and authorize appropriate services when needed
• Assess for barriers to care, provide general care coordination of needs, and assist patients in addressing psycho/social, financial, and medical concerns
• Assist clients with accessing needed services and resources both internally and externally. This may include making referrals when appropriate, scheduling and sometimes attending appointments with the client, and assisting the client in completing required documentation to access service
• Communicate and coordinate client's care with Elevates Clinical Team
• Provide outreach on behalf of the client to community members or other care providers to coordinate care
• Coordinate the sharing of health information between providers and other program
• Act as a liaison between internal and external services. Promoting integration of services including behavioral health care, medical health care, long-term services and supports to ensure continuity of care.
• Identify critical incidences, coordinate any crisis follow up needs, and assist in the development of crisis prevention and intervention plans to assure client’s health and welfare is addressed, and a coordinated response occurs
• Collaborate with clients coming out of jail to access or re-in state benefits and services
• Conduct face-to-face or home visits as required (travel)
• Perform follow-up calls regarding missed appointments or cancellation. Assist in re-engagement in services, rescheduling, and communicating with clinical team.
• Take referral calls, schedule intakes, answer general inquires as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field
• 2 or more years of experience working with those with mental health and behavioral health needs
• 1 or more years of experience working with those with substance abuse disorders
• 1 or more years of experience in case management or integrated home health care coordination
This is a Full-time position with very competitive salary and benefits. ELEVATE CCBHC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for all employment, free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preferences, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Employee signature and date:
Elevate CCBHC signature and date:
in Waterloo, United States