THIS POSITION REQUIRES YOU TO LIVE AND WORK WITHIN THE ALLAMAKEE, CLAYTON, WINNESHIEK AND FAYETTE COUNTIES.
ELEVATE THE WAY YOU CARE
When our neighbors are hurting, we want to help in the healing. Come join us at ELEVATE CCBHC, where our goal is to set the bar higher. We are a group of deeply committed people working together to provide each member-client with the services and assistance they need for meaningful progress in leading their best life. Our mission is to elevate care by serving our members when, where, and how they want.
Two Mobile Response Team members are paid to be on call at all times. If called to a mental health crisis in the community they will respond in pairs or with law enforcement.
No two days are ever the same, but as the mobile Crisis Response team Member, you will:
Function as an effective team member and represent the CCBHC in a professional manner, complete related data entry, paperwork, and notify the CCBHC after call is completed
Be accessible by telephone and prepared to respond to calls during all scheduled shifts, arrive at any client location within one hour of being called, coordinating arrival with co-worker in any situation requiring a two-person response and develop and maintain working relationships with other mental health practitioners, case managers, law enforcement officers, school personnel, hospital personnel, and other interested parties
Oneof the following educations and/or training qualifications must be met:
1. A mental health professional as defined in Iowa Code section 228.1
2. A bachelor’s degree with 30 semester hours or equivalent in a human services field (including, but not limited to, psychology, social work, nursing, education) and a minimum of one year of experience in behavioral or mental health services
3. A law enforcement officer with a minimum of two years of experience in the law enforcement officer’s field
4. An emergency medical technician (EMT) with a minimum of two years of experience in the EMT’s field
5. A peer support specialist with a minimum of one year of experience in behavioral or mental health services
6. A family support peer specialist with a minimum of one year of experience in behavioral or mental health services
7. A registered nurse with a minimum of one year of experience in behavioral or mental health services
8. A bachelor’s degree in a non-human services-related field, associate’s degree, or high school diploma (or equivalency) with a minimum of two years of experience in behavioral or mental health services, and 30 hours of crisis and mental health in-service training (in addition to the required 30 hours of department-approved training
Possess a valid driver’s license and provide a certified driving record if transporting clients or coworkers
Working telephone or means to accept dispatch calls
Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
Crisis Intervention with experience in suicide intervention, and postvention
Knowledge of community resources
Experience assisting people with addiction, relationship difficulties, depression, stress, extreme poverty, mental illness, parenting etc.
This is a great second job. It is a part-time position with very competitive salary and benefits. ELEVATE CCBHC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for all employment; free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preferences, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
Mental Health: 1 year (Required)
Driver's License (Required)
Hours per week:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
Company's Facebook page:
Elevate CCBHC | Facebook
Personal protective equipment provided or required