Social Worker (Embedded)
Position: Social Worker (Embedded)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Salary: $18 to $22
Supervision: DCO Designee/ Elevate Project Director or Designee
Position Description: An Embedded Social Worker is an Elevate Housing Foundation employee that is contracted to provide accredited integrated health home services within their scope of practice under the direction of the Designated Collaborating Organization (DCO). The DCO will enter a Memorandum of Understand (MOU) with Elevate for the mutual benefit of a shared position.
Designated Collaborating Organization (DCO) Agrees to:
· Supervise and direct the work of the Social Worker while working in the DCO.
· Assigned Supervisor with serve on the Project Committee.
· Provide workspace and office resources to accomplish assigned task
· Provide reimbursement and/or access to transportation required to do assigned tasks
· Report any performance concerns to Project Committee or Elevate Project Director
· Provide any necessary training, staffing and in-services necessary to perform assigned duties
Elevate Agrees to:
· Hire and employ Social Worker
· Assign Supervisor to serve on the Project Committee
· Provide clinical orientation, training, staffing and in-services to perform services within the scope of integrated health home service
· Secure funding for the position by contract, grant, third-party reimbursement to the fullest extent possible
· Support the Social Worker as an integrated community service employee of Elevate with access to all clinical services of Elevate and the electronic health record as minimally necessary.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assists clients in accessing supports, services, and resources for their behavioral health recovery.
- Provide information and referral for individuals seeking assistance.
- Completes face-to-face comprehensive assessments of individuals per regulated timelines
- Promotes integration of services for patients including behavioral health care and long-term services and supports, home and community to enhance the continuity of care for individuals
- Conducts face-to-face or home visits as required
- Uses motivational interviewing and CCBHC clinical guideposts to educate, support and motivate change during individual contacts
- Identifies critical incidents and develops prevention plans to assure patient's health and welfare
Bachelor’s degree in health and human services or psychology from an accredited college. Master’s preferred. Original transcript required.
Certification in Mental Health First Aid, Critical Incident Training (CIT), First Aid, CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) is valued.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: HIPPA, Electronic Health Record Management,
2 years’ experience working with individuals with behavioral health needs.
Forensic setting preferred.
Office 365, Good Driving Record and Valid Iowa Driver’s License
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION:
TALKING: Good verbal and communication skills.
AVERAGE HEARING: Average hearing with or without adaptive devices.
REPETITIVE MOTION: Data entry.
FINGER DEXTERITY: Average dexterity for data entry and management.
AVERAGE VISION: Average vision with or without adaptive devices.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Minimal strength requirements. Comfortably lift and carry 10-15 pounds.
WORKING CONDITIONS/HOURS: Most work will be performed in community settings. Will ride patrol with law enforcement on regular basis. Hours may vary day to day including working 1st shift, 2nd shift or 3rd shift hours as required and needed with law enforcement.
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION:
REASONING ABILITY: Strong reasoning ability required to assess and deescalate crisis situations.
MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Average mathematic ability required.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Strong language skills required for effective written and verbal communication. Second language a plus.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF POSITION DESCRIPTIONS:
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions and key expectations to be performed. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required. The job description may change if deemed necessary. Some duties could be discontinued or revised during your employment. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. If revisions are made to the position description, the revisions will be reviewed with you.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
I have read the foregoing position description and understand the responsibilities of the job and the importance of exhibiting the service quality standards and work performance expectations. I believe I can perform this job with or without accommodation.
Employee signature and date:
DCO Supervisor signature and date:
Elevate CCBHC signature and date:
in Waterloo, United States